SEO Web Design
Your website is not complete until you have designed your SEO backend
normally Congratulations you have finished your website. The text, images, colouring, logo look great, you have a killer home pages and you have spent time on your about us page But Hang-on! without a “SEO web design process”, the website is only partially complete.
It is like building a house without having an electricity backend. SEO needs to be carefully designed for maximum search engine performance.
The are 5 main stages to successfully launching a website
- Technical Setup / Web Mastering – Server environment, DNS Configuration, Email setup, plugin management, theme and page builder, interaction with Google tools (Analytics, Search Console) etc
- User Experience Website Design – otherwise known as UX Design & build stage – is focussed on the look, feel and functionality of the website
- Content Creation – Photos, services/product description, articles, case studies/projects. In addition there is also extra graphics, stock photos.
- Website Build – the actual building of the website. The biggest delay to website build is content. It is not uncommon for the content creation to happen during website build which is not idea.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation – Have the website SEO optimised so it can successfully interact with Google’s search engine, so your website will index and rank on Google.
Stages 1-4 is normally a “sprint” to finish – lots of content, tasks & considerations. And the most business do not allocate resources for SEO Design and Implementation, which is why most websites don’t rank.
Netology offers SEO Web Design Service to start the website ranking process.
Technical SEO & WordPress
The foundation activity of the SEO phase is Technical SEO. This phase requires lots of small technical tweaks to your website, including adding structure to your website content, metadata and schema structure, etc. All of these tweaks will maximise your website will have with Google’s Search Engine. This tweaking process is otherwise known as Technical SEO.
The Google Search Engine is very dynamic. There are about 200 website ranking factors, so knowing which factors to start working on first is a real issue. A good place to start is to use a checklist like the SEMRUSH WordPress SEO Checklist. You should use an experienced SEO engineer to carry out this checklist, to make sure the checklist is carried out correctly.
Here is a quick high level summary broken down into several work packages.
- WordPress settings – Language, time zone, permalinks, Sitemap XML, plugin selection
- Website Optimisation – optimise server environment, website speed, image size, etc
- Google Systems – Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Tag Manager & maybe AdWords (a quick method to test keywords)
- SEO Strategy – Keyword Research, Page & Keyword Hierarchy, content strategy
- On-Page Optimisation – Making sure each page has the correct keywords and SEO infrastructure
- Ongoing SEO monitoring and ranking – Ranking in Google is a competition, so ranking should be constantly monitored and SEO can constantly be tweaked – more content, more internal links, better photos. Continuous is the secret to long-term SEO Success.
- Content development – Constantly reviewing your SEO plan, seeking new Keywords should be part of your SEO Strategy.
SEO On WordPress Website
If your website is built on WordPress you are in luck. There are many tools and well-documented techniques to optimise WordPress websites for SEO. These are some of the aspects to pay attention to
- Pages, Posts, Projects and Custom-posts – each content type has its role in SEO design. An experienced SEO engineer can determine the best content type when ranking for keywords.
- SEO plugins – There are hundreds of SEO plugins in the marketplace. Yoast, All-In-One SEO, RankMath just to name a few. The best advice is choose a plugin that has a good commercial business. Google is constantly changing its Search Engine which means the plugins need to evolve to keep up, so developers need constantly upgrade the plugins, so they need to be well funded.
- Building Content – One of the best advances of WordPress in recent times is the introduction of page builders such as Divi, Elementor and Gutenburg it makes creating layouts and page elements easier without creating issues that may cause issues with SEO such as Mobile Responsiveness. The page builders will also integrate with marketing tools such as Hubspot, Mailchimp which can assist with conversion rates for lead generation, and the website end goal.
Some Of Our SEO Results
Results: Keywords on Page#1 = 17
Results: Keywords on Page#1 = 20
Dr Naveen Somia
Results: Keywords on Page#1 = 94
Why Use a SEO Web Design Agency?
As previously mentioned, completing a website for User Experience Styling is only 50% done. There are a long-list of behind-the-scene tasks that need to be completed before it is optimised to work with Google Search Engine for ranking. Here are the main reasons why you should using an SEO agency
- Setup costs – Premium SEO tools are expensive, a collection of premium tools will costs a minimum of $500/month to $2000/month for a small SEO agency. You are better off to have the agency pay for a portion of the licence costs and maximise your budget by paying for expertise instead of just tooling. Also, SEO tools are moderately complex to use and time-consuming to learn, so even if you pay for the tools, you probably will not have the expertise to use the tools.
- Knowledge / Education – A SEO practitioner needs to dedicates 1-4 hours/week on SEO Education, News & information to keep with with the latest techniques and changes to SEO, including updates to WordPress, to Google tools and systems. Not all businesses can dedicate time/resources to learn specialist skills.
- Experience – Each keyword will have different ranking characteristics since there many external factors contributing to ranking, such as competition, trends, changes in Search Engine algorithm. When a SEO professional works on several sites, they will have gain experience to rank for different types of keywords.
- Expertise – Being a Search Geek is not for everyone. We love data, spreadsheets (or tools that look like spreadsheets), the study of semantics, search habits, technology, process and industry knowledge. Does this sound like you? if not, you are better off hiring a SEO Expert
- Unglamorous – to be totally honest, SEO involves a lot of mundane tasks such as resizing or retagging images, tweaking content, restructuring layout, changing meta descriptions, hours of keyword research, lots of spreadsheets to sort and prioritise keywords etc. Most of these tasks are not-so-interesting for “regular folks” such as marketing managers, web designers or developers. This is another reason why you should engage a SEO agency.
When Should I Engage A SEO Web Design Agency?
SEO is an ongoing process, so it can start anytime. However, depending on optimisation requirements, you should be open to changes to the websites.
- When your current website is not ranking in Google for your targeted keywords
- You have just launched your website and you want to start the SEO ranking process
- Your website needs a technology upgrade and you require SEO Web Design as well
- You are considering a website redesign
Here are some facts you should know about Website Ranking:
- It takes time to rank a website
- Website ranking starts by having a well-structured website
- Experience with Google services such as Google Analytics and Search Console is very important
- The effort needed to rank a website is dependent on lots of factors – competition, Keyword difficulty, subject matter, etc
- There is a measurement used in the industry called “Domain Authority” (DA) which measures the likelihood of website ranking. It takes time to build DA but we know how to start ranking despite your DA
We have a free tool which will analyse your website health – Website Audit tool.
Fill out the form below:
- We will run a free analysis of your website
- Manually run a SEO ranking report and list your top 20 search terms
- Fix or suggest a how-to-fix to one problem on your website for FREE
Request a Free SEO Report
Will can help you with:
- SEO Web Design
- Website Optimisation
- Digital Marketing Technology
- Google Ads for Instant Web Traffic
We can get you positive results to increase your business
Get advice from an experienced qualified specialist