SEO ROI Calculator
Search Engine Optimisation Return On Investment Calculator
How to use this SEO calculator
Use this calculator to estimate how much web traffic you need to attract new clients for your business. Change any values denoted with the *, the = is a calculated field
The Number of Monthly Visitors to your website.
Website Conversion Rate – 5% is a conversion rate for a high-quality website, 1-3% is more often the case. You can definitely boost conversion rates using web design, landing pages, special offers, discounts and other methods. this “science” is commonly referred to as Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO).
= Leads Generated Per Month. Convert your visitors to leads via webforms, online chat, downloads or phonecalls.
Your Sales Conversion Rate – Your leads decide to take the next step and purchase goods or services from you. Sales conversions can be increased by having a structured leads management system.
= New Customers Per Month – a percentage leads becoming customers
Now lets estimate the revenue, Revenue Per New Customer – How much are they likely to spend?, How many clients do you need?
= New Revenue per Month -This is how you grow your business
In an Online-Centric World:
Invest in SEO = Will Increase Traffic and Leads = More Business
There are many marketing channels, we believe that SEO has many advantages over other marketing channels:
- SEO is measurable – using tools such as Analytics you can measure awareness, engagement and conversion at an instant
- SEO delivers exactly what the consumer is looking for
- It has one of the lowest setup costs
- It is repeatable and adaptable
- It gives direct results
- It is quick
There is a lot of shock journalism that “SEO is Dead”. I urged you to use the ‘sensibility test’, “Have I stopped using Google to search for things?” – Of Course Not!, just another headline to create a story. SEO will give your business the best marketing ROI and at the same time delivers what the customer is looking for. We have provided you with the Marketing SEO ROI Calculator so you can estimate how much web traffic your business needs, this will be a starting point to determine your SEO needs.
The Cold Hard Facts About Search Engine Ranking Page (SERP)
Page#1 is the most important page and accounts for 92% of all traffic. Over 61% of the traffic is divided between SERP Rank #1,#2 and #3 – otherwise known as the “golden triangle“.
Let’s study the figures
In this example I am using fictitious numbers to simplify the studies.
- The search term “Chippendale Chiropractor” is typed in 109 times/month into Google by the residents of Sydney
- Page#1 of the search results accounts for 92% of all clicks for that particular result, this equates to 100 clicks (109 x .92 = 100)
- The website listed on the SERP in position #1 will attract 32 visits per month (32% x 100 )
- While the website listed in position #10 will only attract just 2 visits
- This is why ranking for position #1 on Page One is so important because it will generate 16 times more leads than rankings in postion #10
- Investing in SEO is definitely worthwhile because it will give you the Best Return On Investment over the long-term
* SERP = Search Engine Results Page. The page displaying the search results after you type in a Search Term in Google search box.
- SERP RANK #1 32.5% 32.5%
- SERP RANK #2 17.6% 17.6%
- SERP RANK #3 11.4% 11.4%
- Position #4 8.1% 8.1%
- Position #5 6.1% 6.1%
- Position #6 4.4% 4.4%
- Position #7 3.5% 3.5%
- Position #8 3.1% 3.1%
- Position #9 2.6% 2.6%
- SERP RANK #10 2.4% 2.4%
SEO For Business
What is SEO?
Involves Optimising your website and website content to appeal to Search Engines (the default is Google).
Some aspects to be aware of
- SEO Ranking is a competition
- SEO requires time and a little bit of patience
- You need to be objective about your content
- SEO Strategy is the most important aspect for ranking a website.
- SEO is like a “Marathon”, SEM (Search Engine Marketing – Google Ads) is like a “Sprint”
- It is an “engineering” discipline (which is why web designers and programmers are not the best candidates to carry out SEO)
- Having well written & “SEO structured” content is about 70-85% of the challenge for On-Page SEO
Web Design & SEO
Web Design is a separate discipline from SEO. It is not up to the web designer to SEO-ready your website. Imagine having a house designer carry out engineering calculations and tasks for wind loading compliance for your house, when their core skill is choosing the colours or suitable furnishing for the house.
These are the most common problems that we come across
- The designer has used web styling that hinders SEO. The most common mistake is to make a phone numbers, tag lines, quotes, etc as a headings because of styling aspects
- Using an inflexible pre-built template. A common mistake is to simply purchase a website from a marketplace like template monster, only to find that the template is only 5/10 for SEO friendliness or has an inflexible layout hindering SEO Hierarchy.
- The website is Hard-Coded by a developer – This will make it almost improssible for the SEO engineer to optimise pages of the website
- The website is incompatability with SEO plugins
- The website has a very low ratio of text to image. Unfortunately “Text” are primary ranking assets, while “images” are seen as secondary ranking assets.
SEO & Lead Generation
Web Traffic created by SEO (or Advertising, Social Media, email campaigns etc) is only 50% of the lead generation equation. You still need to “convert” the visitor into becoming the lead.
- Your Product or Service – is it the right market fit? Do your competitors have a better solution?
- Information – have you provided enough information to the visitor so they can make an evaluation? Is it the right type of information? can they understand the information?
- The Buyers Journey – a model popularised by Hubspot. If you are selling a high-ticket item then your visitor is likely to need different information depending on which stage they are in on the buying journey and they will need to have several engagements with your website before they are ready to “convert”