Driving SchoolUniversal Driving School
Website Remediation and SEO
Universal Driving School is a well-respected driving school in the North Brisbane area. After working with a number of web development companies and SEO companies, the school did not have the results they desired. Many of the activities implemented were either ‘black/grey hat SEO techniques” or were concepts that just did not work. Netology stepped in and we fixed a number of issues and bought Uniserval Driving School a constant stream of leads.Netology:
- Rebuilt their website which made it Mobile-Friendly and to best practices
- introduced user friendly Call To Action forms
- Google Web Analytics
- Provided Digital Marketing Services
- Adwords to start generating leads at a low cost
- Provided some Social Media guidance
Website URL – http://unidrivingschool.com.au
General Advice on SEO
Like any project we learnt a lot about the industry and best practices. Here are some of the things we learnt
- Beware of what your SEO consultant is doing. We have fixed countless number of websites where the SEO consultant has taken shortcuts by outsourcing work to automated SEO systems often operated by cheap overseas services. These type of services will definitely cause you harm in the long-term. Despite the spike in traffic, it actually brings in very little traffic.
- Keep it local. Again your clients must visit you so target your local areas including the suburbs in close proximity. Clearly state your location, maps and contact details.
- Have a Health Check done. A common issue is using the “one off” website template that is not kept up to date or cannot be kept up to date (developer has stopped maintaining it). This will become a bigger issue as WordPress progresses.
- Have good communication with the consultant. We often come across cases where there is little or not communication with the SEO / Digital Marketer. This is an area of concern and should be addressed ASAP.
- Hire an SEO professional. We see a lot of DIY SEO attempts. Studying SEO is a full time profession. You would not attempt Taxation Law part time or Aeronautical Engineering part-time. SEO has a lot of moving part, Google makes constant changes What worked a year ago may not work this year. Concentrate on things like Content, services, specials to give the SEO professional something to rank.
…and get a better website, that will look good for your business but more importantly, start generating leads for your business. Start ranking in Google and start ranking for services and locations that you select.