Maleny Web Design | Airbnb
Just like the mystical farm that Pooh bear grew up on, 70 Acre Wood is a magic place located in Maleny. The owners built a beautiful cabin aptly name “Upper House” because it is located on the upper lot of the property. The Maleny Cabin is the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle from the city for couples watching to recharge. The extensive use of wood, clean and modern finishes make 70 Acre Wood a fantastic retreat.
The house is highly rated on Airbnb. The owners wanted a website to show off the property rather than being constrained by the default layout of the Airbnb listing. Plus with over 300 listings in the Maleny area, the website allows 70 Acre Wood to gain additional exposure. Netology designed a simple website for 70 Acre Wood to show off the house with it’s great photos and used complimentary colours and style.
The other thing that Netology created was a integration of Airbnb booking calendar on the Maleny Web Design. This allows the web visitor to see the cabins availability. The simple integration is a bonus feature of the website and allows the visitor to a direct booking on Airbnb without having to perform a search on Airbnb and seeing competing listings in the Maleny area.
Simple, Elegant Web Design
✅ Simple web design
✅ Works fantastically well on Mobile
✅ Increase in bookings
General Advice on SEO
Like any project we learnt a lot about the industry and best practices. Here are some of the things we learnt
- Beware of what your SEO consultant is doing. We have fixed countless number of websites where the SEO consultant has taken shortcuts by outsourcing work to automated SEO systems often operated by cheap overseas services. These type of services will definitely cause you harm in the long-term. Despite the spike in traffic, it actually brings in very little traffic.
- Keep it local. Again your clients must visit you so target your local areas including the suburbs in close proximity. Clearly state your location, maps and contact details.
- Have a Health Check done. A common issue is using the “one off” website template that is not kept up to date or cannot be kept up to date (developer has stopped maintaining it). This will become a bigger issue as WordPress progresses.
- Have good communication with the consultant. We often come across cases where there is little or not communication with the SEO / Digital Marketer. This is an area of concern and should be addressed ASAP.
- Hire an SEO professional. We see a lot of DIY SEO attempts. Studying SEO is a full time profession. You would not attempt Taxation Law part time or Aeronautical Engineering part-time. SEO has a lot of moving part, Google makes constant changes What worked a year ago may not work this year. Concentrate on things like Content, services, specials to give the SEO professional something to rank.
…and get a better website, that will look good for your business but more importantly, start generating leads for your business. Start ranking in Google and start ranking for services and locations that you select.